Saturday, January 06, 2007

Remembring 2006 (Part 1)

Pritam chose not to review his 2006 but in the process he gave me something to write about. I hope this will provide the necessary momentum for me to continue writing.

2006 would perhaps qualify as the most dramatic year of my life. After a shit load of flirting at MI '05 the stage to test more women was well set. In 2005 I had resolved to be completely selfish, so to bring change in my life I decided to not be selfish. Now that I see the events in their chronological order I guess there were many instances where I completely forgot the new resolution. Like when I decided to get myself a girl-friend.

What started of as a casual fling was certainly most painful for somebody else. Besides, it was only a matter of few weeks before the to-be fling was fast transformed into something of sentimental values. I learn lessons the hard way - but it takes me only one beating to know to never let my guards down ever again.

Now this ain't a blog about her but of course I wouldn't want to remember SB as somebody I only wanted to 'do'. Unfortunately for me she turned out to be a way better person than I was hoping her to be - as a result February end marked the end. She did make my birthday most memorable by gifting me a most awesome t-shirt with Calvin & Hobbes painted on it by herself.

However I'd be lying if I say that this was the biggest thing going on in my life at that time. Though nobody dropped or rose in my ratings, I probably found the set of people I perfectly blended with. Varun Kanade, Purushottam Dixit (there was never a doubt on his status) and Karthik Shekhar. In our common pursuit to excel in our respective BTP projects (barring Karthik, still in his 3rd year) and become intellectuals we went a lot to CCDs (HN) and Baristas (Bandra) with voluminous books (academic and non-academic) always on sides like the pistols of Texan cowboys. The days went by in the most extra-ordinary manner - amazing lukha, long car rides, stimulating conversations and heated debates, senti and nostalgia.

PS: Job, Ghaza, PAF, Valfi, Job and more.

No comments: