Saturday, January 13, 2007

Remembering 2006 (last)

I am dragging all this Remembering stuff. It wasn't any more memorable than other years at IIT. I have pretty much documented post BoA stuff on LJ. Job took away most of my time. I moved out of IIT with Shashishekhar as my flat partner. I had a pretty nice time living by myself - close to IIT so never short of company (Ghaza, Karthik almost always there). Arvind Iyengar, guess these three months were most exciting because of the amazing time I spent with Arvind. However, the period became stressful due to other issues but anyway...

Luck fell in my lap once again as I got interviewed for SocGen Tokyo (thanks to Kos). And in a matter of few weeks I was with a new job, a really awesome job. I quit BoA with an impact followed by two months of boring vacation. This was the period when Vibhu Bhai got engagaed too (Nov 5).

Dec 12th I boarded my first international flight for Tokyo. It wasn't easy planning the exit from India. First came passport issues, then ECNR and a whole lot of crap. And yes on Sonu Bhaiya's insistence I went shopping - a suit work 20k, amazing leather shoes worth 7k and what not.

A short break in HK and on Dec 16, 2006 I landed at Narita Airport. It was phenomenal. A pinch or two were required to wake up, but I was awake.

And 2006 was the year when we lost another member of the family. Dadaji, you'll be missed. I owe a lot to you, more than I have acknowledged.

2006 - It's been some year. But two amazing things happened:

SocGen and Sonal. She's been a wonderful and adorable cousin so far. I hope it continues. Not far behind are Ghaza and Karthik.

No comments: