Sunday, April 01, 2007

Changing Seasons



Moving to Tokyo wasn't a difficult decision to make. The biggest hurdle, as I thought back then, was high probability of being one of the very few Indians, specially an IITian, over here. As it turns out the place is in fact flooded with Indians, specially IITians. Indeed it's comical that since the day I stepped in this country I've been avoiding these people - the very people I was scared will be non-existent and without who I couldn't possible conceive a happy time in Tokyo.

Last couple of weekends have been different, in fact nice. Been hanging out with a Chinese colleague and her Korean friend, met an English for the first time (it (he) was remarkable enough to be mentioned), was hit on (perhaps) by another cute Korean girl, and best of all tried delicious semi-vegetarian Korean and Japanese cuisine.

Sakura or the Cherry Blossom festival, which marks the transition from autumn to spring has in fact been more beautiful than I imagined - much much more than what nature had to offer.

No comments: